Thursday, December 29, 2011

Imaginary New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve has the promise of romance and sparkle and new beginnings. And yet the night usually seems to go out with a whimper. So, this year I am planning a glowing, imaginary dinner party. Here it is...

A dinner party with friends. Lots of candles in collected jars and mason jars. As usual, Matt will do the cooking. I will set the table.



I will mix up my very first invented drink: The Rosemary White Wine Cocktail! (See below for the REAL recipe.)
(FYI: This pic only represents my delicious concoction. This image is of a pear rosemary drink found here.)

Wearing this flapper inspired outfit, starting with shift dress with car wash hem, via Anthropologie.



Sparkly flats, via Kate Spade.



But then I realized that it's an imaginary party, so I don't have the compulsion (usually felt in my scremaing arches) to stick with flats. So just maybe I'll spring for these heels. Also by the spunky Ms. Spade. They remind me of confetti. Perfect for NYE.





 



 A sparkly headpiece, meant for weddings. But I couldn't resist. It's handmade and gorgeous. And Oh-so-flapper! Don't you think? It is from the Dolores Petunia shop on Etsy.



 And at midnight, we will relaease dozens of these paper laterns, wishing the in the New Year.

Via pinterest via this tumblr.

And as I promised, the recipe. This is for the reals, not imaginary in the least!

The Rosemary White Wine Cocktail...

1 part Ginger Ale
1 part White Wine
Rosemary Simple Syrup, to taste (see below)
Garnish with a sprig of rosemary

Rosemary Simple Syrup

Boil 1 part water with several sprigs of rosemary for about 15 minutes
Strain out the rosemary reserving the water
Add 1 part sugar to the water
Boil until sugar dissolves
Let the syrup cool
Keep in a jar in the firdge

...Ta-Da! Happy Imaginary New Year's!






No comments:

Post a Comment