Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The REAL rug...

So I dreamed of this rug, but we ended up getting this one from West Elm:


I adore this rug for many reasons:

1. It fits my original inspiration, but it is definitely doing its own thing. It has way more texture and personality than a flat woven rug.

2. It is super soft. It may look scratchy, but underfoot it is a dream.

3. It was way more affordable than my dream rug from before.

4. And it is ours. Do you know what I mean? I was inspired to do some sort of chevron rug (even before I saw chevron rugs (like this) for sale and DIY rugs (like this) pop up all over the place. And when I found one that we loved, we brought it home. Now it's hard to imagine anything else that would be just right.


And then there was last week. My husband was out of town. I left to join some friends for a birthday celebration.
And this adorable little face...

(Yes, I put glasses on my dog and took a picture. It's funny.)
...POOPED on my chevron rug. Twice.

Oh, I still love little Pepper. But I was NOT happy about what she did to the rug. (And she had not had an accident in so, so long. Arg.)

So right at this moment the rug is drying out after a go with my friend Donna's steam cleaner.

Here's to hoping that we can all once again be adorable -- me, my rug, my pup -- and stain free!

No comments:

Post a Comment