Sunday, September 4, 2011

Photo booths are all the rage!

I have seen lots of homemade photo booths on the wedding/party blogs. (I am not talking about the photo booth that everyone crams into at the roller rink. I mean a do-it-yourself photo booth with silly props and a backdrop. For example, this one is especially charming.) But this was my first time to get to have my photo taken in a wedding photo booth. (Again, this is my sister's sister-in-law's wedding in Durango as seen in my last post. Another way to say it -- the bride and I are both aunts to the best nephew ever. See photos below...)

(Me and my quite devilish husband) 
Seriously, what fun! Just, FYI, all of these photos were taken with the photo booth props AFTER the wedding, y'all. We are not quite that low-brow to be so silly while the reception was going on. Well, what I meant to say is that most of these photos were taken after the reception.

(My dad)

As we were helping to clean up the wedding, my sis and I decided to create a photo booth kit that we can bring out at various parties and family events. Why wait for a wedding for some photo booth fun???


(I'm thinking:Christmas card photos???)

Our new photo booth kit is already stocked with the chalkboard conversation bubbles and heart that her husband made for the wedding. I made some bunting earlier this summer for my nephew's dedication that will go into the box. Now we need to replicate some of the crazy props on a stick -- mustaches, lips, monocles, etc. And we ought to keep our eyes peeled at thrift stores and garage sales for pirate hats and feather boas and the like.

(Best. Nephew. Ever.)
Oh, it's gonna be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment