Sunday, September 4, 2011

Let them eat cookies!

My sister's sister-in-law (got that???) got married a few weekends ago beautiful Durango, CO. The ceremony was in a mountain meadow with a STUNNING view of the San Juan mountains behind them. It truly was breath-taking. Then the reception was held in this funky-yet-historic mountain lodge -- full of exposed beams and elk heads and wooden motivational plaques. (Really? See below, just above the milk canisters. Integrity! Excellence! Priorities!) 

The spunky, out-doorsy bride and groom decided to swap out wedding cake for a cookie bar. And here is what my genius of a little sister cooked up: 


Literally! Not only did she collect all the glass ware, plan the color scheme, collect the moss pots, pinecones & rocks, make the labels, she also baked all of these delicious cookies. My mom pitched in too with a few varieties of her own. My sister's husband made the chalkboard signs that were used at different spots at the reception.



The unanimous favorite? The chocolate sandwich cookies seen above. OH. MY. They were SO good. I overheard wedding guests bragging that they got one of the sandwich cookies before they were all snapped up. Ha!



My contribution? The ribbon back drop. (I taped all of those ribbons onto a spare pool cue that we found at the lodge. Whee!) And a little help arranging the cookies. 



All in all it was a sweet, sweet gift from my sis to the bride & groom!

No comments:

Post a Comment