Monday, February 21, 2011

Treasures

We have been collecting things for the new house...


My dad has a pair of fantastic geode bookends. And I would always tour the "rock shops" in the Colorado mountain towns with him. So when I saw these geode bookends and the To-Good-To-Be-True-Home-Goods, I had to have them. I raided my "blow money" account. Love.



This little number is a lamp. Kind of. The husband asked what we might light up with a lamp like this. My response is that it is more like a decoration...that lights up...but, don't you love it? Thanks again, Home Goods.




And this is the kind of treasure that can't be purchased. My grandmother, my dear Nana, made this for our wedding. I adore it in every way -- the colors, the kaleidoscope squares that are all different, the precision of the points coming together, how I can never definitively decide which block is my favorite. And of course, I  adore the love of the hands that made it.

A true treasure.

And now it lays on our newest treasure -- a king sized bed! It's huge. And dreamy.
Oh, we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment