Thursday, February 10, 2011

Color Study

As we settle into our new place, I am constantly scheming and decorating and painting...in my mind. These beige walls and empty spaces are calling out to me, "Color, now!" But before I can get started on real scheming, I need to pick a color palette.

I notice that when I see houses that I really love on other design blogs that the entire house has a unified palette. Gone are the days when I could have just chosen all of my favorite crayon colors and responded to the walls. "Red Violet for the living room! Midnight Blue for the bathroom! Orange Red for the front door! Green Yellow for the office!"If only decorating were like a coloring book! So here is my first attempt to distill a color scheme that I could love enough to fill the whole house based on one of my most favorite natural objects...a peacock feather.




What do you think?


Image: Tom Curtis / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

1 comment: